- In Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, review the list of configured Virtual Machine Manager servers.
The management pack runs discovery tasks at an interval of 4 hours, so it may take a while for the list to refresh.
2. In Data Center Operation, review the inventory configuration, power path and alarm setup in the floor layout. Some hosts are fed by one UPS, others by another UPS.
3. In Data Center Operation, set up and review the associations between the hosts and the servers representing them in the rack layout.
If a host has been associated, there will be a V icon on it in the layout. If a host is critically impacted, there will be a red V icon on it and a tool tip describing the impact
4. In System Center Operations Manager Virtual Machine Hosts view, review the impact data from Data Center Operation to get an overview and monitor if the hosts are healthy.
5. In Virtual Machine Manager, monitor the hosts and implement the PRO tips.
If you are integrating with Virtual Machine Manager 2012, your setup may look a little different from the instructions and images in this user assistance since these have been created for integration with Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2.