Device Alarm Configuration viewThis view in the Alarm Configuration perspective shows device alarms that can be configured for the device groups and devices selected in the Navigation view.
You select a device group or device in the Navigation view to display the device alarms that can be configured for that selection in the Device Alarm Configuration view. The device alarms associated with each device group or device are displayed by alarm type, then by alarm name, then by device. The number of device alarms associated with each device group or device is shown next to the alarm type or alarm, in parentheses.
You can select one or more device alarm types, alarm names, or alarm by device and modify the alarm configuration. You can disable or enable alarms, modify the severity, add a custom description, or modify the recommended action.
For additional alarm configuration, you can access the web interface for the device.
All device alarms for all devices are added to the Default notification policy at device discovery. You use the Change Device Alarm Notification Policy option in the right-click menu of the Navigation view to change the notification policy associated with a device.
You can use the "Edit Notification Policy" display, accessed from the Edit option in the Notification Policies view, to add and remove a device group or device from a notification policy. All the device alarms available for the selected device group or device are added or removed simultaneously.
You can use the Search fields to filter the list based on text you enter in the Navigation or Device Alarm Configuration views; only items that contain the text you type are listed.
When the results of a search are displayed, the background of the search field is shaded. When you clear the search field, the background shading is removed and all items are displayed.
You can hold the Ctrl key down to select multiple items.
You can use the right-click options and the button icons at the top of the view to do the following:
- Enable or disable, modify the severity and recommended action, and add a custom description on one or more alarms for the device group or device selected (Edit Device Alarm Configuration option).
- Locate a device in the Navigation view from the device alarm list (Find Device in Navigation Tree option).
- Show all the device alarms for the alarm type selected (Expand Selection option).
- Access the "Configure Columns" display to select the attribute columns that appear in the list (Configure Columns icon ( )).
- Enable filters that hide various device alarm attributes. (Filter Device Alarms icon ( )).