Create Thresholds optionThe allows you to create thresholds for any sensor reported by a device.
In addition to the alarms available for each device, you can create thresholds for the Data Center Expert server. Two basic types of thresholds are available: those that use numeric settings, and those that use state settings.
You can create a threshold for a virtual sensor using the Create Threshold option for the selected virtual sensor. You cannot create a virtual sensor for state sensors. See Virtual Sensors view for more information.
- Numeric thresholds:
- Air Flow
- Current (Amps)
- Dew Point
- Energy (kWh)
- Other Numeric Sensors
- Power (VA)
- Power (kVA)
- Power (Watts)
- Power (Kilowatts)
- State thresholds:
- Dry Contact
- Motion Sensor
- Other State Sensors
Both types of thresholds allow you to do the following:
- Create thresholds at one time for multiple sensors of the same type (for example, all are Humidity sensors, or all are Door sensors).
- Specify the severity and return-to-normal parameters for any defined threshold.
- Provide a custom URL and custom description for any defined threshold.
- Configure Threshold Scheduling to specify when any defined threshold is active.
- Add any defined threshold to one or more Data Center Expert notification policies.
- Create Thresholds , an option in the Alarm Configuration menu.
- Right-click menu Create Thresholds in the navigation tree in the Navigation view.
- Right-click menu Create Thresholds in the Device Groups view in the Monitoring perspective.
- Right-click menu Create Thresholds in the Device View in the Monitoring perspective.
- Right-click menu Create Thresholds in the Map View in the Monitoring perspective.
Each threshold option allows you to search the sensors monitored by the Data Center Expert server that match the selection. You can add a threshold to one of those sensors, or add thresholds with the same settings to any number of those sensors simultaneously.
Using the right-click menus to add thresholds to one or more sensors allows you to focus threshold management to the sensors at a single device, or at a set of devices.