The InfraStruxure Manager Migration Utility supports InfraStruxure Manager v4.7 only.
- Ensure the connection speed and the system running the Data Center Expert client meet the minimum requirements necessary to perform the migration:
- Network speed of 100 Mb/s or higher
- 2 GHz CPU or higher
- 2 GB RAM or higher
- Ensure the node license on the Data Center Expert server is adequate for devices to be migrated from InfraStruxure Manager v4.7.
- The Data Center Expert MODBUS TCP Output Module is a separately licensed feature. If this feature is required, ensure there is a Building Management Systems license on the Data Center Expert server.
The Building Management System used to monitor Data Center Expert devices must support Modbus TCP. Support for Modbus RTU provided by InfraStruxure Manager is not available on the Data Center Expert server.
- Data Center Operation, a separately-licensed application, provides functionality similar to the Power Zones, Physical Layout, and Rack Properties features in InfraStruxure Manager, and the ability to import Designer solutions. If this functionality is required, visit () to learn more about the Data Center Operation suite of products.
- Ensure there are no IP conflicts between the InfraStruxure Manager private LAN and the Data Center Expert server private LAN:
- The Data Center Expert server and the InfraStruxure Manager must be on the same physical and logical private network.
- The Data Center Expert server private LAN IP address must not conflict with the InfraStruxure Manager private LAN IP address.
- The Data Center Expert server private LAN IP address must not conflict with any device on the InfraStruxure Manager private LAN IP.
- DHCP on the Data Center Expert server private LAN must be disabled.
- If migration includes devices on the InfraStruxure Manager public LAN, you must connect to the Data Center Expert server using its public LAN to perform the migration.
- The Data Center Expert server does not support RADIUS. If secure logon is required, prepare to use OpenLDAP or Active Directory authentication.
- Ensure the SNMP community names for APC Protocol devices you want to migrate are in the InfraStruxure Manager Device Access list.
When migration includes devices on the private LAN, the InfraStruxure Manager will be turned off when migration is complete.
- NetBotz Appliances monitored by the InfraStruxure Manager will not be migrated to the Data Center Expert server. Prepare a list of the hostnames or IP Addresses of the NetBotz Appliances to be monitored by the Data Center Expert server. You can use the Data Center Expert Device Discovery wizard in the Device menu to specify the NetBotz Appliances to discover.
- Prepare to create alert thresholds and notification settings for NetBotz Appliances that will be monitored by the Data Center Expert server. You can use the Data Center Expert NetBotz Appliance Configuration options in the Device menu.
- Ensure the Data Center Expert client can remain open during the migration.
When the "Applying stored settings" message appears in the InfraStruxure Manager Migration Utility Status view, the client can be closed.
- Create a Data Center Expert server backup if the Data Center Expert server to which you are migrating InfraStruxure Manager data and settings is already in use.