To increase storage for the virtual appliance, you must create additional hard disks.
You cannot change the size of an existing hard disk, or remove a hard disk once it has been created. An error will occur on the primary interface, and the Data Center Expert virtual appliance will not start.
- Gracefully shut down the virtual appliance.
- In your virtual server console, select the option to add a hard disk.
- Choose the hard disk size. See Data Center Expert virtual server equivalent configurations.
- Choose thin or thick provisioning.
- Power on the virtual appliance.
Changes in the disk space will take effect once the Data Center Expert virtual appliance has restarted. Do not shut down the virtual appliance while the disk reconfiguration process is running.
The "Storage Settings" display, accessed from the Server Administration Settings option in the System menu, shows the total storage space available for the virtual appliance, not the individual hard disks.
Note: To store large amounts of surveillance data, using a remote repository is recommended.