Select the thresholds that will be part of a new or existing notification policy.
You select a device group or device in the navigation tree to display the thresholds that can be added to the notification policy for the selection.
You can add all the thresholds, or choose only those thresholds you want to add to the notification policy.
You can hold the Ctrl key down to select multiple items in both the navigation tree and the thresholds list.
The number of thresholds in the notification policy is displayed. You must click OK in the "Choose Thresholds" display, and the "Create or Edit Notification Policy" display to apply your changes.
You can use the search feature, table columns, and button icons to do the following:
- Type text in the Search field to filter the navigation tree or the thresholds list. You can broaden or narrow your search using the Boolean operators AND, OR and NOT. Only items that contain the text you specify in the Search field are displayed. When the results of a search are displayed, the background of the search field is shaded. When you clear the Search field, the background shading is removed and all items are displayed.
Search fields support the Boolean operators AND, OR, and NOT only.
- Access the "Configure Navigation Tree Labels" display to select up to three labels to specify how monitored devices appear in the navigation tree (Configure Navigation Tree Labels icon
Changes to the navigation tree labels in this display affect the navigation tree in the Navigation view.
- Access the Configure Columns display to select the attribute columns that appear in the list. (Configure columns icon
Changes to the columns in this display affect the columns in the Thresholds view.
- Enable filters to specify the threshold attributes that appear in the list (Filter Thresholds icon ).
- Click a column title to sort the list in ascending or descending order based on that column's information.
The Add Selected Thresholds and Remove Selected Thresholds buttons are used to add thresholds to or remove thresholds from the notification policy. When you add thresholds to the notification policy, a 'plus-sign' icon () indicates which thresholds were added. When you remove a threshold from the notification policy, the icon is removed.
When you remove thresholds from the notification policy, the thresholds remain in the list for the device group or device, and can be readded, if desired.