The setup includes configuring the server communication between the Data Center Operation and Virtual Machine Manager servers.If you selected to launch it in the installation wizard, the configuration dialog box will open automatically. Otherwise, you can open the configuration dialog box at any time from Start> Data Center Operation PRO Pack> Configuration.
- Type the description of the Data Center Operation server that you want to display in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager.
- Type the host name of the Data Center Operation server that will be sending location, power, cooling, and impact data.
- Click Add and type the host name of the Virtual Machine Manager server or servers that you want to receive this data and from which you want to send virtual machine data and the port number (if you do not want to use the default port configuration).
- To complete the setup, import the .mp file from the installed location into Microsoft System Center Operations Manager and set up a new profile.
- Open Microsoft System Center Operations Manager, select > Administration> Management Packs, open the Import Management Packs dialog box from > Actions> Import Management Packs, and browse to the location of the Data Center Operation PRO Pack.mp file.
- In > Administration> Run As Configuration, select Profiles. In the list, right-click Data Center Operation and select Properties. Select Run As Accounts and click Add. In Run As account type, select Digest Authentication, and type the account credentials that match a DCO user with access rights to Web services API.
Read instructions on granting access to web service APIs here.
The Data Center Operation: PRO Pack is now imported and configured in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager. It appears in Monitoring> Data Center Operation PRO.
The list of virtual machine hosts is not a complete list of all hosts monitored in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager; it is a list of those that have been associated with modeled objects in Data Center Operation.
You can customize what details to display in Microsoft System Center Operations Manager from Data Center Operation. Select Data Center Operation or Impacted Virtual Machine Hosts in Monitoring> Data Center Operation PRO, and select > Actions> Personalize view... and select the columns to display in the Detail View.
If you are integrating with Virtual Machine Manager 2012, your setup may look a little different from the instructions and images in this user assistance since these have been created for integration with Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2.