Thumbnails viewThis view shows all of the cameras assigned to a selected device group. Each thumbnail shows a low frame-rate, real-time feed from a camera. When a thumbnail receives a new frame, it is highlighted to show any activity that happened for that camera for that frame.
If a NetBotz Appliance is mapped to an external share drive, a Store Data on NetBotz Appliance option is available in the "Surveillance Settings" display for each camera associated with that appliance. If that option is selected for a camera, its Thumbnail view cannot update, as thumbnail data cannot be sent to the Data Center Expert server. However, its Camera View will still provide real-time video, and its clip data, which is stored at the external share drive at the NetBotz Appliance, can still be accessed by the Data Center Expert server.
Which thumbnails are displayed depends on which group is selected in the Device Groups view. In addition, an unlicensed camera will have a grayed out image showing where the camera is pointing, with a prohibited symbol that indicates the camera will not function until it is licensed, and when the Data Center Expert server has lost communication with a camera, the thumbnail will be black with a grey x.
- Access the "Surveillance Settings" display to configure one or more cameras (select Surveillance Settings in a right-click menu for a selected camera's thumbnail).
Surveillance Settings in the Device menu allows you to configure cameras for all device groups; Surveillance Settings in the Device Groups view allows you to configure cameras for a selected device group; Surveillance Settings in the Camera view allows you to configure one camera for a selected device group.
- Access the "Camera Settings" display to configure the cameras at the monitored NetBotz Appliances (select NetBotz Appliance Camera Settings in a right-click menu for a selected camera's thumbnail).
- Access the "Recorded Camera Clips" display to retrieve, view, and tag clips for a selected camera (select Retrieve Clips in the thumbnail's right-click menu, or use the icon).
- Double-click a thumbnail to access its Camera view (or select Open Camera View in the thumbnail's right-click menu).
- Use the Change Resolution icons ( ) to select to display small (160x120) or large (320x240) thumbnails.
- Use the Toggle Extra Thumbnail Borders ( ) to select whether the thumbnails include a border.
- Use the Configure Thumbnail Details icon ( ) to define what information is included with the thumbnails.
- Sort the thumbnails by the type of information that can be provided with the thumbnails (use the icon to access the "Sort Surveillance Thumbnails" display}.
- Use the Search and Clear elements to filter the Thumbnails view to display only the thumbnails that include your typed text.
- Access the "Device Launch Settings" display to define the settings used to access the web interface at a selected camera's NetBotz Appliance (select Device Launch Settings in the thumbnail's right-click menu).
- Launch to the web interface at a selected camera's NetBotz Appliance (select Launch to Device in the thumbnail's right-click menu).
- View the Device View listing for a selected camera in the Monitoring perspective (select Show in Monitoring Perspective in the thumbnail's right-click menu).
- Log on to the Advanced View interface at a selected camera's NetBotz Appliance (select Launch Advanced View in the thumbnail's right-click menu).
This option is enabled by Advanced View Settings, a Client Preferences option in the File menu.