The console uses perspectives and views to provide information, and access to major functions. There are five perspectives:
- Monitoring: provides access to the data and functions you can use to monitor and manage your devices.
Surveillance: provides access to data and functions you can use to monitor and manage the surveillance equipment at monitored devices.
Note: The surveillance feature is separately-licensed. Its license must be entered at the Data Center Expert server using License Key in the "Server Administration Settings" display accessed by Server Administration Settings in the System menu.
- Alarm Configuration provides options used to configure how the Data Center Expert server reports alarm conditions.
- Reports provides access to reports about the devices the Data Center Expert server monitors.
- Power Management provides access to PowerLogic™ ION Enterprise WebReach and WebReports (available only when ION Enterprise integration with the Data Center Expert server is enabled).
When you log on to your Data Center Expert server, the console opens with the Monitoring perspective displayed; Monitoring, Surveillance, Alarm Configuration , and Reports buttons below the main menus allow you to switch between perspectives.
This perspective opens with five views displayed, by default.
- Device Groups view: used in this perspective to create the device groups to which monitored devices can be assigned, and to select a device group to view or manage its devices.
- Device View: lists the devices assigned to the group selected in the Device Groups view, provides information about those devices, and launch to management applications at some of those devices.
- Map View: displays icons for the devices in the group selected in the Device Groups view, each icon providing quick access to information about its sensor values; the icons, which are displayed against a user-definable background, can be repositioned and resized.
- Active Alarms view: provides information about any alarms that exist for the devices assigned to the group selected in the Device Groups view.
- Virtual Sensors view: allows users with Device Administrator or Server Administrator to create, modify, and delete virtual sensors.
You can use the Window menu to add any other views to the Monitoring perspective.
- Alarm History view: allows you to review the alarms that occurred during a specified period of time, for all devices within a selected device group, or for a device, or set of devices, selected in that group.
Custom Properties Editor view: allows you to add, edit, or remove custom property keys, and modify their value, on devices and sensors selected in the Device View or Map View.
Note: The value of a custom property key must be modified one device or sensor at a time.
- Saved Discoveries view: allows you to run or schedule previously performed or new processes used to discover and add devices to the list of devices the Data Center Expert server monitors.
- Firmware Update Status view: allows you to view information about the status of ongoing update processes for monitored SNMP devices and NetBotz Appliances.
- Device Configuration Status view: allows you to view information about the status of ongoing configuration processes for monitored SNMP devices and NetBotz Appliances.
- InfraStruxure Manager Migration Status view: allows you to view messages about the status of an ongoing InfraStruxure Manager Migration in table format.
This perspective opens with two views displayed, by default.
For more information about how the identified views are used for surveillance functions, see Surveillance perspective.
- Thumbnails view: provides thumbnail views and identification information for the surveillance equipment.
- Device Groups view: used in this perspective primarily to select a device group to view the thumbnails for that group's surveillance equipment.
This perspective opens with two views displayed, by default.
- Navigation view: provides a list of device groups and devices monitored by the Data Center Expert server, and allows you to create thresholds by device or by device group, and add them to notification policies.
- Threshold Alarm Configuration view: provides a list of thresholds associated with the device group or device selected in the Navigation view, and allows you to modify thresholds by type or by device, and add them to notification policies.
- Device Alarm Configuration view: provides a list of device alarms associated with the device group or device selected in the Navigation view, and allows you to modify alarms by type or on the device that reports the alarm.
- Notification Policies view: allows you to create and edit the policies used by the Data Center Expert server to generate alarm notifications, and view the thresholds you have added to those policies.
This perspective opens with the Available Reports displayed by default, including Sensor History Reports, Snapshot Reports, and Saved Sensor Reports. When an available report is generated, that report appears in its own view.
Snapshot Reports include:
Device Type Inventory
This perspective provides access to PowerLogic™ ION Enterprise™ WebReach and Web Reporter.
When ION Enterprise integration has been enabled on the Data Center Expert server, depending on the version you chose in the ION Enterprise Settings display, the ION Enterprise server view will display either WebReach (version 5.6 or earlier), with read-only access, or the PowerLogic ION Enterprise server login dialog (version 6.0 and later).
Right-click options common to all views
All views share options you access by right-clicking in the top border of the view. These options physically affect the view, but not the information the view provides.
|Detached||Detaches the view, creating an unanchored, free-floating view.|
|Move||Allows you to move a view to anywhere else within the selected perspective.|
Highlights the side of the view you want to use to resize the view: Right, Left, Top, or Bottom.
Note: The sides of the view which can actually be used to resize that view will be the only enabled options.
Please sign in to leave a comment.