This view in the Alarm Configuration perspective shows the device groups and devices for which thresholds and device alarms can be configured on SNMP and Modbus devices.
You can select a device group or device in the Navigation view to display the thresholds or device alarms that can be configured or added to a notification policy for that selection. Thresholds are displayed in the Threshold Alarm Configuration view; device alarms are displayed in the Device Alarm Configuration view. The number of thresholds or device alarms associated with each device group or device is shown next it, in parentheses.
You can use the Search fields to filter the list based on text you enter in the Navigation, Threshold Alarm Configuration, and Device Alarm Configuration views; only items that contain the text you type are listed.
When the results of a search are displayed, the background of the search field is shaded. When you clear the search field, the background shading is removed and all items are displayed.
You can hold the Ctrl key down to select multiple items.
You can use the right-click options and the button icons at the top of the view to do the following:
- Create thresholds for any sensor value reported for any device group or device (Create Thresholds option).
- Edit the thresholds for the device group or device selected (Edit Thresholds option).
- Access the "View Device Sensors" display to see current sensor data for the selected device (View Device Sensors option).
- Prevent alarm notifications from occurring for the device groups or devices selected (Enter Maintenance Mode option).
- Re-enable alarm notifications for the device groups or devices selected (Exit Maintenance Mode option).
- Add the thresholds for the selected device group or device to a specified notification policy (Add Thresholds to Notification Policy option).
- Remove the thresholds for the selected device group or device from a specified notification policy (Remove Thresholds from Notification Policy option).
- Enable or disable, modify the severity and recommended action, and add a custom description on one or more alarms for the device group or device selected (Edit Device Alarm Configuration option).
- Change the notification policy associated with the device alarms in the device group or device selected (Change Device Alarm Notification Policy option).
All device alarms for all devices are added to the Default notification policy at device discovery.
- Access the "Configure Navigation Tree Labels" display to select up to three labels to specify how monitored devices appear in the navigation tree (Configure Navigation Tree Labels icon ( )).
Please sign in to leave a comment.