Device Scan Settings optionUse this option to manage the settings the server uses for SNMPv1 and SNMPv3 communication with its monitored SNMP devices, as well as alarm settings the server associates with those devices.
The monitored SNMP devices are listed by Hostname (or IP address), and the following information is provided for each:
- Device Type
- Notification Policy : the notification policy the Data Center Expert server associates with alarms at an APC SNMP device.
- Location: the location of the device, if known.
- Protocol: SNMPv1 or SNMPv3.
- Port, Timeout, and Retries : SNMP communication settings.
- Last Scan Time: date and time when the Data Center Expert server last scanned a device for status information.
You can edit the Notification Policy, Port, Timeout, and Retries settings, as well as settings not identified in the list, by selecting one or more of the listed devices and clicking Edit Device Scan Settings. The following editable settings are not identified in the list.
- Scan Interval (minutes)
- Priority Scanning
Priority Scanning is a trap-based polling process that only occurs in response to traps from APC SNMPv1 devices or informs from APC SNMPv3 devices at which the Data Center Expert server is defined as a trap receiver.
- SNMPv1: Read and Write Community names
- SNMPv3: User, Authentication Protocol, Encryption Algorithm, and Authentication and Encryption Passwords
If you select to edit SNMPv1 and SNMPv3 devices at the same time, no Priority Scanning, SNMPv1-specific, or SNMPv3-specific settings will appear in the "Edit Device Scan Settings" display.