Camera viewDisplays a real-time view of the camera feed along with information about the selected NetBotz Appliance.
The Camera view consists of two areas, the displayed real-time feed from the selected device, and a Camera Information area.The Camera Information area contains Pod Label, Camera Label, Hostname, Location, Status, Licensed, Model, and Device Groups information for the camera.The following icons are located on the upper right-hand side of the view:
|Click this Listen icon to hear the accompanying audio stream for the selected device.
Disabled when no audio is available.
|Click this Talk icon to send audio to be played at the device.
This feature is only available on certain models and requires a microphone on the user's side, and a set of external speakers on the device side.
|Click the chevron associated with this Change Resolution icon to select the resolution you want to use to display the real-time feed for the selected camera.|
|Click this Retrieve Clips icon to view, tag, export, and delete existing surveillance clips.|
- Access the "Recorded Camera Clips" display to retrieve, view, and tag clips for the camera (Retrieve Clips option, or use the icon).
- Access the "Surveillance Settings" display to configure the camera (Surveillance Settings option).
Surveillance Settings in the Device menu allows you to configure cameras for all device groups; Surveillance Settings in the Device Groups view allows you to configure cameras for a selected device group; Surveillance Settings in the Thumbnails view allows you to configure selected cameras for a selected device group.
- Access the "Device Launch Settings" display to define the settings used to access the web interface at the camera's NetBotz Appliance (Device Launch Settings option).
- Launch to the web interface at the camera's NetBotz Appliance (Launch to Device option).
- Log on to the Advanced View interface at the camera's NetBotz Appliance (Launch Advanced View option).
This option is enabled by Advanced View Settings, a Client Preferences option in the File menu.
- View the Device View listing for the camera in the Monitoring perspective (Show in Monitoring Perspective option).
- Access the "Camera Settings" display to configure the camera at the monitored NetBotz Appliance (NetBotz Appliance Camera Settings option).
Two-Way AudioWhen connected to a device capable of capturing and broadcasting sound, you can transmit sounds to and from the device through the server.
You can use the Camera view controls to stream audio from camera pods that have microphones, and to use a microphone connected to your system to send audio to camera pods that have connected speakers.
For two-way audio to work, the camera must be able to connect directly to the client on a public accessible network.
- To listen to streaming audio from the currently selected Camera Pod (if available) click the
More than one client can listen to the audio stream simultaneously.
- To transmit audio from your system to speakers that are connected to the selected Camera Pod, click the button while speaking into your system's microphone.
- Audio is transmitted only while the button is depressed.
- While the button is depressed you will not be able to hear audio that is streaming from the target Camera Pod.
- While the button is depressed it will lock the audio transmission so only your client can send audio to the selected camera pod.