Define the settings for a Send Wireless SMS Message alert action on a NetBotz Appliance configured with a wireless modem.A name field, severity selections, and the "Alert Action Scheduling" display that all alert action types share,are also available.
This alert action is available for a NetBotz Appliance with a modem that supports SMS messaging, installed in or connected to that appliance only.
|Add||Click to add a destination address of the recipients to whom the wireless SMS message alert notification will be sent, in the following format.
where sms:sms_device_address is the telephone number or e-mail address associated with the SMS-enabled device. For example:
sms:5123334444 or sms:firstname.lastname@example.org
|Remove||Click to remove a selected destination from the list.|
|Include Threshold-specific SMS Destinations||Select to send wireless SMS messages to the destination addresses added to the E-mail tab for NetBotz Appliance alert thresholds.
If the destination addresses list is empty, and Include threshold-specific SMS destinations is not selected, no wireless SMS messages can be sent; if the destination addresses list is empty, and Include threshold-specific SMS destinations is selected, wireless SMS messages can be sent only for thresholds that have an SMS destination address identified in their Threshold-specific address list.
|Message||Enter a message for the alert; macros can be used.|
Threshold-specific addresses example
- A “generic_send_wireless_SMS” alert action is created and no SMS destinations are included.
- Include threshold-specific SMS destinations is selected for this "generic_send_wireless_SMS" action.
- The “generic_send_wireless_SMS” alert action is added to an alert profile called “alert_profile1.”
- The “alert_profile1” profile is specified for two NetBotz Appliance thresholds, “temp_too_high” and “humidity_too_high.”
- The “temp_too_high” threshold has Threshold-Specific Addresses for User1 and User2, and the “humidity_too_high” threshold has Threshold-Specific Addresses for User3 and User4.
- When “temp_too_high” triggers, only User1 and User2 will receive SMS messages.
- When “humidity_too_high” triggers, only User3 and User4 will receive SMS messages.
Advanced tabProvides elements that further define what a wireless SMS message can include, as well as an Alert Action Scheduling button that allows you to select when an alert action is enabled (all time periods are enabled, by default).
|Do Not Send Return-to-Normal Messages||Select if you do not want to send SMS messages when the threshold state returns to normal.|
|Message Character Size Limit (1 - 160)||Identify the number of characters that can be used in the messages.|
|Message Validity Period||Select how long a period of time the messages will be valid, from 5 Minutes through 3 Days.|
Please sign in to leave a comment.