Monitoring Data Center Operation through Data Center Expert requires that you enable server communication in Webmin and in Data Center Expert snmpExpert.
Data Center Operation 8.x
- Open the Webmin web interface.
- Type the address of your Data Center Operation server in a Web browser.
- On the Data Center Operation server's download page, click Server Configuration.
- Log on to Webmin using the user credentials created during the installation.
- In the left menu, select DC Operation>Setup.
- Configure the server protocol settings, for example enable SNMPv1 and type community.
The SNMP server requires a specific SNMP community from the monitoring systems. If the SNMP community is not correct, it will not reveal any information to the monitoring system. You can think of SNMP community as a password.
For added security, change the SNMP community to something other than "public" and make the monitoring system use this (see below).
For added security, disable SNMPv1 and configure SNMPv3.
Data Center Expert configuration
- In the Data Center Expert Device Discovery wizard, select the corresponding SNMPv1 or SNMPv3 settings, ensuring the community or username and password matches the one specified in the Webmin configuration (see above).
- Set the Timeout to minimum 20 seconds to allow time for the server communication.