Generic DC equipment is available in the Genome Library. You can add these to your local genomes and adjust the properties to match the DC equipment in your data center infrastructure, all the way from top level item such as UPS or rectifier in the floor layout all the way to rack PDUs and servers in the rack layout.
- Various items can be the top level item in a modelled power path, for example a UPS, rectifier (DC power path), or PDU. If a PDU is the top level item, remember to set an input breaker value on the PDU as the system needs a value to calculate a valid power path.
- A rectifier can be added as the top level item in a power path with DC voltages. If your setup includes a rectifier, you may find power specified in amps/volt in addition to kW depending on the available vendor data. In case these are not completely identical (due to rounding), DCO will use the lowest of these values to be on the safe side.
- If you set input breaker ratings on the equipment, the available capacity may be restricted by these.
- If your configured DC equipment is associated with DCE devices with measured data in amps, the DCO tooltip will show amp values.
- You can set a Default breaker derating for DC (Preferences>General).
To set up a DC power path in DCO:
- Set up your DC genomes.
- Open the Genome Library and drag and drop items supporting DC voltages into your local list of genomes, e.g. Generic items such as rectifiers, breakers and fuses, UPS, ATS, PDU, PP, RDP units, and rack PDUs.
- Right-click and select Properties to rename items and adjust power properties as needed to match your modeled items with your physical infrastructure, for example kW values on servers, input breaker ratings on PDUs, volt/amps ratings on rectifiers.
Learn more here about working with genomes in DCO.
- Add your DC equipment to the floor and rack layout and configure the power connections between them, all the way from top level item such as UPS or rectifier to rack PDU and server.
- Enable the layout edit mode (Application bar Planning> Data Center).
- Open a room's Floor Layout, and drag the floor-mounted equipment from your list of genomes to the layout, such as UPS, rectifier, power distribution units, and racks.
- Open a room's Rack Layout, and drag the rack-mounted rack-mounted equipment from your list of genomes to the layout, such as rack PDUs, and servers.
- Open the power-related properties of the equipment one by one (right-click, Properties>Power/Power Distribution/Power Dependency) and set up the power connections between the equipment in the power path, including breakers and fuses.
The configured power paths are highlighted graphically in the Power Path layout and as lists in the Power Dependency tab below the layout.