For information about the energy efficiency concepts used on the dashboard, such as Power Usage Effectiveness (PUE) and Data Center Infrastructure Efficiency (DCiE), go to: the Green Grid and read the White Papers.
- WP-157: Selecting an Industry-Standard Metric for Data Center Efficiency
- WP-154: Electrical Efficiency Measurement for Data Centers
- WP-114: Implementing Energy Efficient Data Centers
- WP-113: Electrical Efficiency Modeling for Data Centers
You can use the settings below the graphs on the dashboard to define the data (for example energy system and time period) displayed in the graphs.
- Open the Energy Efficiency Dashboard from the web client Dashboard menu.
- In the Current PUE / Current DCiE tab, use the Dial Settings option below the graphs to select the time period for which to average the measurements for the dial, and select the energy system for which you want to display the measurements.
- In the Historical PUE / Historical DCiE tab, use the Graph settings options to define the time period and resolution of the graph, and select the energy system for which you want to display the measurements.
Resolution is measured in time and defines the detail level of the graph.
- Decrease the resolution if you want to increase the detail level.
- Increase the resolution if you want to decrease the detail level.
If you are using PUE as metric, the graph shows the PUE up to 5. If the calculated PUE is greater than 5, the calculated value is displayed and the dial shows the maximum value possible (5).
Before performing the next step, make sure that you have selected a country in the energy system's > Properties> General> Location.
- In the Subsystem Cost tab, use the Graph settings options to define the time period, kWh cost, and CO2 emission, and select the energy system for which you want to display the measurements.
- Click Get price and CO2 emission to have the system update the currency, cost per kWh, and CO2 per kWh fields based on your input and on the country selection in the energy system's > Properties> General> Location.
- If you switch between multiple energy systems, remember to click Get price and CO2 emission after selecting another energy system to get the latest data for the selected energy system.
Type customized values rather than using the standard values for the selected country, if the standard values do not apply to the configured energy system.
You can toggle the metric between PUE and DCiE in > Tools> Preferences> General.