How to configure a disaster recovery node
In the following example, two stand alone servers have been created, Server1 and Server2. Server2 will be configured as the disaster recovery node to Server1. This Standalone + Disaster Recovery setup requires a cluster node license. Managing licenses
- Log in to the Server1 webmin interface, and select DC Operation > Disaster Recovery.
- Select Allow another node to connect to this node.
- In Allow the following IP as disaster recovery node, enter the IP address for Server2.
- Click Attach
- Check Accept fingerprint then click Allow.
- Go to Server2, webmin interface > Data Center Operation > Disaster Recovery.
- Select Attach this node (xx.xx.xx.xx) as a disaster recovery node to another node/cluster.
- Enter the IP address for Server1 in Attach this node to the following IP:
- Click Attach.
- Check Accept fingerprint.
- Click Attach.
While the node is successfully being attaching, the notification is Attaching the node, please wait this could take several minutes......
The Server1 Status page displays information for both itself and Server2 as Disaster Recovery.
The Server2 Status page displays information only about itself as Disaster Recovery.
Add a license
The standalone node + disaster recovery node setup requires a DCO Cluster Node license.
Log in to the standalone server (Server1) web client, and go to Administration > Licenses.
Enter the license key, and click Add license.
Upgrading a disaster recovery setup
- Upgrade both the master node and the disaster recovery node to the new version of Data Center Operation.
- If you have upgraded from a version before 8.2.7 to 8.2.7 or later you must reconfigure both the master node and disaster recovery node as described at the top of this page, in section "How to configure a disaster recovery node".
- Otherwise it is only necessary to attach the disaster recovery node after the upgrade.