In Planning>Asset Provisioning, add or move servers and other equipment to the proposed best location in a rack and U-space by using the options in the Installation Requirements pane and viewing the Provisioning Map and Provisioning Match.To provide the system with the best foundation for the calculations, first add appropriate rack PDUs, UPS, and PDUs, and configure power paths.
- Select a server in Genomes to add a new server or drag an existing server from the Navigation pane to move an existing server into the layout.
- Review the asset information in the Installation Requirements pane, assign tags, select the required redundancy and network configuration, and select the amount to add as required.
- Select Best Rack to have the system automatically calculate and select the rack and U-position that is best suited for the new asset based on the capacity values ( Data Center Operation: Capacity feature).
- Click Show location to highlight the best location for the selected equipment in the layout.
- Select Add Asset or Move Asset to allow the system to add or move the equipment to the best location in the layout.
The color-coded layout highlights rack positions as follows:
- Green: Optimum location for the equipment
- Yellow: Not optimum but possible location (may result in stranded capacity)
- Red: Location violating your setup (may result in power overload)
To investigate why it is not recommended to place equipment in the racks, use the Provisioning Match pane and the tool tips in the layout.