You configure customer inventory permissions and activate a portal for customers to provide users at the customer's site with access to the Tenant Portal.
Customer properties in the desktop client combined with customer administration in the Tenant Portal (available in Administration > Customers) allow you to control customer user rights and the level of information you wish to share with your customers according to your mutual agreement.
Configuring tenant inventory permissions
In the DCO desktop client customer properties, you configure permissions for your customers to their partial inventory (rooms, cages, or racks).
The web interface doesn't support granular customer rights down to server level. You can set up and use permissions at server level in the desktop client but you will not be able to use it in the Tenant Portal.
- Right-click any room, cage, or rack in a Navigation, or Layout pane and select Properties>Customer to edit the customer properties.
- Search or select a customer from the drop-down menu.
You cannot add new customers in the Properties dialog box as customer data is populated through integration with a CRM system. For technical information about CRM integration, see Customer Web Service in the DCIM Developer Documentation.
- In Contracted power specify the power sold to the customer.
- Use Reserved for a potential customer if you want to reserve equipment or space for a customer.
You can add contracted power as well.
- When a customer has been added and you saved the changes, the selected room, cage, or rack will change color in the Floor Layout to indicate if it has been reserved or closed (in use).
Activating the Tenant Portal for a customer account
You activate the portal for a tenant/customer in Administration > Customers.
- Click Activate customer.
- Select the customer that you want to be able to access the portal.
Each customer account has contact information. This is for your primary contact person at the customer's site. The data is read-only and typically automatically generated from your CRM system through the Data Center Operation desktop client. If the CRM data gets updated, the contact person will automatically change.
- Set the information level, that is if the customer will be able to see power data (estimated and measured peak loads) and device data, such as temperature and humidity sensor data.
- View rights allow the user to see the partial inventory, including power and temperature data.
- Edit rights allow the user to do the same as view rights. In addition, he can move, add, and delete equipment in the partial inventory.
- Administrator rights allow the user to do the same as edit rights. In addition, he can manage this customer's user accounts, licenses, and authentication server configuration. Create the required amount of users for this customer and set the role to grant admin, edit, or view access.
- Confirm settings and review the email notification that will enable the users to log on with the specified credentials and start using the portal.
Adjust the text as needed, and insert the customer's Tenant Portal URL.
There is an indicator next to every customer account, illustrating if the portal has been activated for this account. You can deactivate the portal for a customer account at any time.