In IT Advisor, you can select a variety of filter options for the standard built-in reports. This allows you to limit the available data to be included in the report, e.g. only data for a specific date range, or room.
You can redesign and customize the reports, including the filter parameters of the available data, and the available data itself, in a separate report design application, IT Advisor: Insight.
Note: You must have a valid IT Advisor: Insight license for the application to be available for download.
- Export one of the built-in standard report designs from ITA to use it as a template for the new custom report design.
- In File>Export, select Report Design.
- Select from the list of report designs and save the report design to a location on your computer or network with the extension .rptdesign.
Skip the steps 2 through 4 if custom report designs have been created by someone else and made available to you.
- Open the ITA server's download page in the web browser by specifying the URL of the ITA server.
- Click EcoStruxure IT Advsor: Insight Download and follow the instructions to download and install IT Advisor: Insight.
- Launch IT Advisor: Insight and follow the instructions in the New Report wizard to create a new report design.
- Type a name for the report with the extension .rptdesign.
- Select a report type to use as template for your design.
These templates contain the same data as the default reports available in ITA. In addition, there is a blank report template for creating a new report without starting from predefined data.
- Create the custom report design, save and publish to the ITA server to make the report design available for use in ITA.
- For information about how to use IT Advisor: Insight, refer to the built-in help system.
- To make the report design available on the ITA server, select File > Publish to IT Advisor server.
- In ITA, import the custom report design.
- If it is not already open, select Analytics > Reports to switch to the report view.
- Select File > Import > Report Design.
- Select to save the custom report with a new name on the ITA server or overwrite an existing report, and click OK.
The new report design has been saved to the ITA server and appears in the list of available reports in ITA.