To troubleshoot devices or to create DCE DDFs, an output of a device's addresses and the values within them is necessary. This page describes how to generate that output for SNMP, Modbus, and NetBotz devices.
For SNMP with DCE versions prior to 7.6 or Modbus on any version
- Download the walk utility from here.
- Unzip the file.
- Open a Command Prompt (Admin) or Windows PowerShell (Admin) and navigate to the folder you just unzipped.
- Open and read the README.txt file for detailed instructions on how to use the command line utility. See information about general usage here.
SNMP for DCE version 7.6 and later
- Open the web client by entering the IP address of the DCE server into your web browser.
- Enter your username and password.
- Click the Status link near the top right of the page.
- In the dropdown list, select SNMP Device Walk and click Submit
- In the Target Host field enter the IP address of the device you want to walk.
- Select SNMPv1 or v3 and enter the credentials. Hint: If using SNMPv1, the default Read Community on most devices is public.
- Click Submit
- The results will be printed on the page. Copy and paste the text to a text file and save.